All Halal applications have to be made via LicenceOne (https://licence1.business.gov.sg). You may wish to refer to the steps below for a better idea:
Generally, there are 3 types of requirements in the Halal application process:
- Halal Requirements - All raw materials used must be Halal and substantiated with supporting documents;
- Staffing Requirements - There must be a minimum of 2 or 3 Muslim staff employed in each premises applied for Halal certification (3 for Catering or Central Kitchen)
- System Requirements - The applicant must comply with the 10 principles of the Singapore Muis Halal Quality Management System (HalMQ).
Refer below for the process of applying to Muis Halal Certification.
1. Steps to follow prior to submitting an Application for Muis Halal Certification:-
Muis Halal Certification Conditions (HCC):
Please read through Muis Halal Certification Conditions (HCC) found on our website, http://www.halal.sg > Halal Certification > Scheme Types & Eligibility Criteria (HCC) before submitting the application in LicenceOne (https://licence1.business.gov.sg).
The list of fees schedule is as attached and can be found the website, http://www.halal.sg > Halal Certification > Halal Fees Schedules. Please take note that application fee is applicable for new applications for all schemes and is non-refundable.
All applications are submitted via LicenceOne. Please log-in using your CorpPass (applicable to all other schemes) or SingPass (applicable for Hawker and School Canteen schemes).
2. Steps to follow to submit a "New" application for Muis Halal Certification:
- Step 1: Login
- Step 2: Select "Apply for New License"
- Step 3: Select "Halal Certification"
- Step 4: Click "Next" after verifying the auto-populated info
- Step 5: Verify auto-populated info
- Step 6: Select "Express" or "Normal" Application, Select multiple schemes if necessary, Verify premises details, Input Halal team member details, Upload supporting documents (e.g. Menu/Product List, Ingredient List, Floor Plan, Labels, etc) & Click "Next"
- Step 7: General Declaration & Click "Submit" and "Proceed"
- Step 8: Review Information entered, Select check-box after reading and agreeing to the declarations & Click "Submit"
- Step 9: Application Submission Notification appears onscreen
<brand name=""><company name=""><halal certifying="" bodies="">3. Muis Halal Training Foundation Programme (HFP):</halal></company></brand>
<brand name=""><company name=""><halal certifying="" bodies="">
Take note that it is mandatory for one Muslim representative and one other staff in the Halal team to attend the Halal training programmed by Muis-appointed training provider, Warees Halal. For training registration or query, please contact Ms Nur Aini Masturah at 6291 2702 or email email@example.com.Below is the brief steps in the process of Halal certification upon successful submission of the application in the e-Halal system.
Process of Halal Certification:-
- Desktop Audit
The auditor will look through your application online. If the application lacks any information or requires clarifications, the auditor will send you a shortcoming notification/Request For Action (RFA) through the system.
- Shortcoming / Request For Action
Please follow the steps to submit the requested information in the system. Kindly ensure that you reply to the shortcoming notification prior to the deadline given, via LicenseOne on or before the due date.
- Audit Inspection
The auditor will then make an appointment to come down for the audit inspection.
The auditor will recommend the application to Muis upon compliance to Muis Halal Certification Conditions.
An invoice will be sent to the registered email once the certificate is ready for collection.
3. Steps to follow Post Certification:
Muis Halal certificate holder shall ensure that Muis Halal Certification Conditions are complied with at all times.
Pursuant to Muis Halal Certification Conditions, companies are required to update Muis by submitting a 'Change"/"Amend" Application, should there be any changes to their halal team, Muslim staff, supplier, products or ingredients/raw materials.
Please follow the steps below to submit a change application:
Step 1: Login > Under "Halal Certification", Select "Amend" as your action
Step 2: Profile > Select one of the two options
Step 3: General Information > Click "Next" after verifying the auto-populated info
Step 4: Application Details > Review Application Info, Amend Application Info,
Step 5: Upload Attachments - Click "Upload"
Step 6: Review & Submit - Read Declaration, Select check box & Click "Next"
Step 7: Receive "Acknowledgement" that submission is successful
<brand name=""><company name=""><halal certifying="" bodies="">Please also note that changes can be implemented only when approval from Muis has been granted. </halal></company></brand>